Reconstructed swimming pool in municipality Gadžin Han officially opens

July 05 2024 | Gadžin Han

Reconstructed swimming pool in municipality Gadžin Han officially opens

Completely reconstructed swimming pool in Donji Dušnik has been officially opened today. Reconstruction of this swimming pool was carried out in the scope of the Cross-Border Cooperation Programme Bulgaria–Serbia, i.e. the project “Sport tourism – our common future”. All project activities will contribute to the development of sport and adventure tourism in municipalities from two countries, Kostinbrod and Gadžin Han, which are partners in this project. 

The value of works amounts to EUR 340,000. The European Union financed 46 per cent of the project, while remaining 54 per cent was funded by municipality Gadžin Han, and after the finalisation of the project, municipality financed the safety measures around the facility, setting up the fence around swimming pool complex, video surveillance system procurement, equipment for vacuum cleaning and pool maintenance, as well as procurement of heating pumps for swimming pool water heating.

Acting Assistant Minister of European Integration Sanda Šimić said at the occasion of the opening ceremony that this was a project of great importance for the municipality as, after three decades, the swimming pool in Zaplanje will again become a meeting point for citizens of this municipality and those nearby. “This restored complex, surrounded by the greenery, has a great tourist potential and can be a driving force of the entire municipality, that could additionally improve its tourist offer by other projects”, said Sanda Šimić. 

She reminded that in addition to the swimming pool complex, funded by the Cross-border Cooperation Programme Bulgaria–Serbia, municipality Gadžin Han was working on improving its tourist offer by equipping the tourist centre in Donji Dušnik. This project is a result of the integrated strategy, developed for the municipalities Gadžin Han, Merošina, Svrljig and City of Niš, funded by the Delegation of the European Union through the EU PRO Plus programme. Municipality of Gadžin Han will thus complete its tourist offer and promote the nature gem located in the base of Suva planina mountain, concluded Šimić.

The opening was also attended by Minister of Public Administration and Local Self-Government Jelena Žarić Kovačević and president of municipality Milisav Filipović.

Children under the age of seven, pregnant women and people with disabilities will be able to use the swimming pool free of charge the entire summer.