Policy and Legal Advice Centre (PLAC)
The PLAC 3 project is the fifth PLAC project and the third project implemented from IPA 2 − the EU Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance. The PLAC project focuses on legal assistance, through amending the legislation in the process of harmonising the national legislation with the EU acquis.
The overall goal is "for the Serbian administration to effectively conduct accession negotiations and successfully manage the entire process of European integration and pre-accession assistance leading to the EU membership." This is achieved through activities focused on two specific objectives:
- increasing the level of harmonisation of national legislation with the EU acquis and its efficient implementation; and
- building capacities of relevant national structures for successful implementation of accession negotiations.
The main beneficiaries of the project are the Ministry of European Integration and the Negotiating Team for the Accession of the Republic of Serbia to the EU, while specific needs for legal assistance in certain chapters are defined by the relevant ministries and negotiating groups for particular chapters of the EU acquis, in accordance with relevant documents and obligations arising from the accession negotiations with the EU.
- The following activities are carried out through PLAC project:
- Preparation of Regulatory Impact Analysis;
- Assessment of the existing legislation;
- Proposals of new laws and regulations, harmonised with the EU acquis;
- Assistance in the preparation of Action Plans, negotiating positions;
- Lectures and workshops on harmonisation of legislation, good practice in accession negotiations with the EU; and
- Study visits.
The special quality of this project is flexibility, which means that the beneficiaries can, in short-term, define new activities for which the need arises during the accession negotiations with the EU and to receive appropriate legal aid.
- The chapters to which the PLAC 3 project relates are:
- Right of establishment and freedom to provide services (CH 3)
- Competition policy (CH 8)
- Financial services (CH 9)
- Food safety, veterinary and phytosanitary policy (CH 12)
- Energy (CH 15)
- Taxation (CH 16)
- Economic and monetary policy (CH 17)
- Environment and climate change (CH 27)
- Consumer and health protection (CH 28)
- Financial control (CH 32) and
- Financial and budgetary provisions (CH 33).
PLAC 3 started in January 2019 and will last until 2021.
For more information, visit the following website: http://euinfo.rs/plac3/en/homepage/